Who We Are
- Who is ADMEI
- How to Join ADMEI
- ADMEI Leadership
- Mentor Program
- ADMEI Quick Notes
- ADMEI Blog
- Achievement Awards
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Governance Documents
Past Award Winners
ADMEI Achievement Awards
ADMEI 2018 Awards Winners
Click on the title to learn more about each event.
Best Innovative Events under $50,000
- Candy Land in the Cafeteria, AlliedPRA New England, Boston, MA
Best Innovative Events $50,001 - $100,000
- Wimblepong!, 360 Destination Group, Chicago, IL
Best Innovative Events $100,001 - $200,000
- Bathing Man Event, Destination Tahoe Meetings & Events, a DMC Network Company, Stateline, NV
Best Innovative Events $200,001 - $500,000
- Safari Soiree at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, Hosts DC, a Hosts Global Member, Washington, DC
Best Innovative Events $500,001 and up
- Dine on the Nine - Tunnel 9 Welcome Reception, Pacific Destination Services Inc., Vancouver, BC Canada
Best Destination Marketing
- 20 Years of Russian Magic, Russkie Prostori, Petersburg, Russia
Best Logistics - Transportation
- The Hybrid of NOLA Parades, BBC Destination Management, a Global DMC Partner, New Orleans, LA
Best Public Event
- NORTHSIDE, Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner, Austin, TX
Best Recreational Activity
- A Day On the Ranch, Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner, Austin, TX
Best Teambuilding Activity
- Teambuilding with Sponsors, Stations & Sweets!, Mosaix Group, Asheville, NC
Best Tour Program
- 2017 San Gabriel Valley YPO 49'er Group: Couples Retreat, AlliedPRA Chicago, Chicago, IL
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- Circle of Excellence 2016 - GIG Rome, +39 Italy, Milano, Italy
Best Overall Program
- Platinum Conference, AlliedPRA Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
Excellence in Cultural and Tradition Integration
- International Truffle Exhibition AXA 2016, +39 Italy, Milano, Italy
Excellence in Entertainment Production
- Play Like A Kid- Party Like An Adult- Welcome to Camp Ignite, Destination South Meetings + Events, A DMC Network Company, Atlanta, GA
Excellence in Event Décor/Design
- Boundary Ranch Rodeo, Pacific Destination Services Inc., Vancouver, BC Canada
Excellence in Incentive Travel Programming or Service
- Taste of Austin - Incentive Awards Trip, Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner, Austin, TX
Excellence in Meeting Services
- VF Corp, Corinthian Events, a Global DMC Partner, Boston, MA
Excellence in Risk & Crisis Management
- IPW Opening Night Event, Hello! Washington DC Destination Management, Washington, DC
Excellence in Site Inspection
- Take it Off"site", Juice Studios, a Hosts Global Member, Atlanta, GA
Excellence in Sustainable Initiatives
- Rooted in Thirty Years, Destination Nashville, a Global DMC Partner, Nashville, TN
Excellence in Technical Production
- A Perfect Day in Hawaii, AlliedPRA Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
Excellence in Technology Integration
- Dining Innovation at The Phoenician, Hello! Arizona Destination Management, Scottsdale, AZ
Destination Management Rising Star
- Michelle Harding Lorber, AlliedPRA Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
Destination Management Professional of the Year
- Shannon Gardner, DMCP, Accent Indy, a DMC Network Company, Indianapolis, IN
The Hall of Fame/Lifetime Achievement Award
- Susan Gray, DMCP, St. Louis, MO
Distinguished Service Award
- Fran Rickenbach, CAE, IOM
ADMEI Awards How To Webinar
This hour long webinar reviews the steps to follow in creating award-winning entries for Excellence, Achievement, and Recognition Awards.
2018 Awards FAQ and Entry Checklist
This document provides an overview of the requirements for the ADMEI Excellence, Achievement and Recognition Awards and answers to questions you might have.
|1 September 2016||Beginning Date for Eligible Programs|
|31 August 2017||Early Bird Entry Deadline ($25 savings)|
|31 August 2017||Cut-off Date for Eligible Programs|
|30 September 2017||Nominations for Recognition Awards Due|
|14 October 2017||Regular Entry Deadline|
|30 October 2017||Late Entry Deadline ($25 late fee)|
|30 December 2017||Finalists Notified|
|15 January 2018||Storyboard Artwork Due to ADMEI for posting on website|
|10 February 2018||Awards Gala at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel in Chicago, IL USA|
ADMEI Awards Entry Instructions 2018
Want detailed information about the categories for the Achievement, Excellence and Recognition Awards for 2018? We suggest you download the 2018 Entry Instructions and collect all the items required for your entry to streamline your entry process.
Client Permission Request
Each entry must have the permission of the client to complete the entry process. We have prepared a Client Request Sample Letter with information about the ADMEI Awards program for your DMC to personalize and send to the client.
2017 Entry Fees
|Submission Deadline||Excellence Awards||Achievement Awards||Recognition Awards|
|31 August 2017||$120 USD||$170 USD|
|30 September 2017||Nomination: $0 No Charge|
|14 October 2017||$145 USD||$195 USD|
|30 October 2017||$170 USD||$220 USD||Entry: $0 No Charge|
All Achievement Award Finalists will be asked to submit an electronic storyboard that highlights their program/event. These storyboards will be displayed on the ADMEI website and at the Annual Conference on LCD televisions throughout the prefunction space. Storyboards must be designed and submitted in widescreen ration (16:9), landscape format. As a template, you can use 18" high x 32" wide or 27" high x 48" wide to achieve the 16:9 ratio. The storyboard can be submitted as a .jpg or .pdf file. Please remember that larger files will take longer to load on the website; please try to keep the file under 5 Mg.
Storyboards are due to the ADMEI office on 15 January for posting on the ADMEI website.
Please email email@example.com with your questions with AWARDS in the subject. We will respond as quickly as possible. Please remember that our business hours are 9:00 - 5:00 ET.
Have you ever wondered how the ADMEI awards process works? Once all of the on-line supporting documents and back up are uploaded and the entry paid for, what happens next?
Here’s a handy guide to exactly what happens after you press “Enter” and hope for the best.
ADMEI company members are invited to submit their best programs to compete for a coveted ADMEI Achievement Award via the awards website. Each entry must be completed and paid for by the final registration deadline to qualify for judging. ADMEI uses an awards entry platform website that is managed and maintained by an outside company. The site is customized by the ADMEI staff for the type of entry – Achievement, Excellence or Recognition. The individual at the DMC who creates the entry is responsible for ensuring that company names and entry names are correct.
After the final deadline, ADMEI staff does a quick review of all paid entries and disqualifies any for the reasons listed in the awards submission criteria document. This document can be found on the ADMEI website under the Achievement Awards section.
Judges (who are identified by the current ADMEI Awards Committee and submitted to ADMEI) are then divided and assigned a category to judge. No judge is assigned nor allowed to judge an entry that is within their same city, state in the US, or country outside the US. Judges do not see any company specific information - only what was submitted via the ADMEI awards website. ADMEI strives to have each entry judged by a minimum of 5 judges.
Judges are instructed to eliminate a company from consideration if they find any indication of the company name in the supporting documents, including photos: staff with company logos on their apparel, name on the SOS, or other ways a judge sees which company has submitted the entry are a few examples of reasons for disqualification.
Each judge logs on to the website and given 2-3 weeks to review the materials presented and assigns points per question. Each given question can receive a point rating as low as 1 or as high as 5.
The awards website then generates a list of finalists to ADMEI based on the total accumulated points per category. Based on number of entries received per category and baring any ties, the top 3 in each category is generated automatically by the awards web platform. The ADMEI office then notifies the finalists for each category.
This external awards platform generates all of documents ADMEI uses during the awards notification process. ADMEI will review the final list for misspellings and accuracy, checking with the person who completed the entry if there are any questions.
Using the web platform generated notifications, all entrants are notified if they are a finalist or not. ADMEI member are notified of the finalists via Quick Notes and the list is posted on the website. Press releases are sent to industry trade publications. Each company who is a finalist will have a chance to review this list and notify ADMEI of any final adjustments on their name or entry title. ADMEI then orders the awards based on the finalist list, approximately 4 weeks prior to the Awards Gala.
The ADMEI Director of Awards and ADMEI Awards Committee reviews the finalists list. The awards committee then begins working on the awards dinner production schedule, awards program document, and secures presenters from the previous year’s winners.
Then the ADMEI Awards Gala night arrives and each of you gets an opportunity to walk across the stage and claim your award!
- Excellence in Risk & Crisis Management
- Excellence in Technical Production
- Excellence in Entertainment Production
- Excellence in Event Décor/Design
- Excellence in Incentive Travel Programming or Service
- Excellence in Site Inspection
- Excellence in Meeting Services
- Excellence in Technology Integration
- Excellence in Sustainable Initiatives
- Excellence in Cultural & Tradition Integration
BEST INNOVATIVE EVENT
- Under $50,000
- $50,001 - $100,000
- $100,001 - $200,000
- $200,001 – $500,000
- $500,001 and up
- Best Transportation Logistics
BEST CREATIVE ACTIVITY
- Best Teambuilding Activity
- Best Tour Program
- Best Recreational Activity
- Best Public Event
- Best Destination Marketing
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program
BEST COLLABORATIVE PROGRAM
BEST OVERALL PROGRAM
- ADMEI Volunteer of the Year (VOY)
- Destination Management Rising Star (DMRS)
- Destination Management Professional of the Year (DMPY)
- Hall of Fame | Lifetime Achievement Award (HOF)