How to Apply
Do I qualify?
You can apply if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in Destination Management
- Current employment in the Destination Management industry
- Responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of Destination Management programs
What information do I need to complete the application?
You will need to be able to complete all the questions on the on-line application. (At this time, you must complete the application in one sitting).
To help you prepare, please use this DMCP Worksheet to collect all your information. Then, completing your online application will be simple and quick.
In addition, you have to email the following items to the DMCP Program Administrator. Please include the subject DMCP Application Materials for Name:
- Resume / CV
- Professional Development Documentation Forms, if applicable; you may also print or capture a screen shot of CMP Preferred Provider Programs through the Events Industry Council portal to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copies of any Publications or Articles, if applicable
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Completed DMCP Supervisor Form indicating their permission for you to participate in the DMCP program (this form is a savable PDF form - please complete and save it with the name of the candidate)
When is the DMCP application due?
Your application is due approximately 6 weeks prior to the exam. Please check the Exam Schedule for upcoming exam deadlines.
What happens after I submit the on-line application?
ADMEI will review your application and determine if you qualify to sit for the exam. You will be notified of the decision, and may be asked to submit additional documentation to support your application.
If you do not agree with the final determination of your points, you may file an appeal for reconsideration. (Hint: making sure that ALL your activities are included on your initial application will hopefully help you avoid this step.)
How do I choose which date I sit for the DMCP Exam?
You will be sent a link to register for the exam date of your choice. Use the link to complete your exam registration and pay the exam fee.