- ADMEiXchange - a monthly interactive webinar for ADMEI members only
- ADMEI Awards How-To
- International Conference General Sessions - earn contact hours for viewing these highly reviewed sessions from Barcelona
- DMC Institute - great introduction to the world of destination management
ADMEiExchange Webinar - Free to Members
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11AM Eastern/10AM Central/8AM Pacific/3PM GMT/11P HKT
Greg Hawks, Hawks Agency, Edmond, OK
Marathon Madness is an analogy of succeeding at work and setting others up to as well. By addressing chaotic work environments, the myth of achieving work/life balance and defining goals accurately, you’ll be prepared to run your course well and win.
1. All work environments are challenging. Some more so than others. However a Chaotic workplace is an entirely different, unhealthy beast. Understanding the elements that contribute to such an environment enables you to strategically design plans to thwart its impact. Knowing these 5 characteristics will equip you and your employees for success. (Responsibilities 01 & 02)
2. Achieving the illusive "Work/Life Balance" is impossible. Simply because it's metric for determining it is flawed. Shifting to a PACE model allows you to design a system for employees that is both highly productive and genuinely fulfilling. What you measure makes all the difference! (Responsibilities 07 & 08)
3. Making progress begins with a clearly defined starting AND finishing line. Implementing this approach to goal setting and tracking, increases employee engagement. People rally around successful completion. This produces another way for measuring progress & rewarding employees. (Responsibilities 06 & 09)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & The DMC Industry: Part 2
This webinar is now available on the Members Only, page.
ADMEiXchange WEBINAR - FREE to ADMEI Members!
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11AM Eastern/10AM Central/8AM Pacific/3PM GMT/11P HKT
Michelle Crosby, DMCP, CMP, VP of Strategic Projects, ADMEI; Robyn Bass, DMCP, Director of Industry Relations, ADMEI, Bruce McGinnis and Barbara Dunn O’Neal, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect globally. The new regulation is designed to strengthen and unify data protection for everyone within the European Union (EU). This “PART 2” webinar will cover:
- Contract Language
- Processor/Controller Agreement
Is your DMC ready for GDPR? Join us for PART 2 of this informative webinar series!
General Data Protection Regulation & The DMC Industry: Are You Ready?
|This webinar is now available on the Members Only, page.|
ADMEiXchange WEBINAR - FREE to ADMEI Members!
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11AM Eastern/10AM Central/8AM Pacific/3PM GMT/11P HKT
Michelle Crosby, DMCP, CMP, VP of Strategic Projects, ADMEI; Robyn Bass, DMCP, Director of Industry Relations, ADMEI, Bruce Smith, Managing Director, Tenax Analytics; Paul Miller, Managing Director, Spectra DMC; Barbara Dunn O’Neal, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect globally. The new regulation is designed to strengthen and unify data protection for everyone within the European Union (EU). Is your DMC ready for GDPR? Join us for this informative webinar and get the answers!
• What is GDPR and why should DMCs care?
• How will it affect our clients (corporate, association, 3rd parties, etc.)?
• How will it affect our business?
◦ Airport manifests
◦ Housing lists
◦ Tour registrations
◦ Dine arounds
◦ Existing CRM information
• What do we need to do right now in order to be compliant?
• What are the penalties of non-compliance?
• What GDPR tools are available?
Practical Social Media Uses as Part of your Disaster Preparedness
ADMEiXchange 17 October 2017
With hundreds and sometimes thousands of people depending on destination management executives in times of crisis, having a plan in place is a necessity. In this webinar, Houston-based technology strategist Crystal Washington will demonstrate simple yet effective tactics and tools for disaster preparedness.
Now available on the Members Only, page
|This webinar and slides are now available on the Achievement Awards page,.|
Here's your opportunity to participate in the International Conference. Each of the four general sessions are available for viewing and contact hours to use for DMCP and CMP certification or recertification education contact hours. The cost for all four sessions is just $200 for ADMEI members; individual sessions are $65 each.
If you have more than one staff that needs the contact hour certificate, ADMEI has a 50% discount coupon for each additional staff after your office/location has purchased the video.
The sessions are:
Sebastien Tondeur is CEO of MCI, a global events management company. He set the tone for our global conference with his truly unique global perspective from doing business transnationally. He reviews both the macro and micro impact of the global economy on the meetings industry. From his perspective as a member of generation X that lived the digital revolution, he offers a complete view of what digital transformation is really about beyond the obvious Uber and AirBnB of this world. He also shares a personal but concrete perspective on the future of the meetings industry.
Sebastien Tondeur's insights were the most useful thing I learned at this conference.
This panel session features moderator Marty Mackay, President, Hosts Global Alliance; Eda Ozden, MEP a Destination Business Solutions Company, Turkey; Gordon Keay, Senior Director, Global Safety & Security, Europe, Marriott Hotels International; and Justin Kelley, Managing Director of Operations, MSA Security. This session looks at event security from three different perspectives: a DMC in an area that has had to deal with safety and security issues for their clients; a major international hotel chain that deals with a wide range of concerns for their guests' safety; and a company that provides security for major events, including the Pope's visit to the US.
Very relevant in today's market. Well done and interesting content and panelists.
This panel features David Bartlett, Vice President Global Sales - Europe, Marriott Hotels International; Dave Caldwell, Vice President, Maritz International; Annamaria Ruffini, CEO of Events In & Out and President-Elect for SITE; and Christophe Verstraete, Executive Director, euromic. This free-wheeling conversation covered current and future trends in the incentive industry from four different points of view.
Great session... Lots of takeaways! I loved that we included Marriott who was able to enlighten us as to what the SPG acquisition looks like moving forward.
Padraic Gilligan and Patrick Delaney, Managing Partners, SoolNua, provide a thought-provoking session that identifies five potential models for how a DMC can look in the next five years - and what your company needs to do to chart its course for the future.
Best session of the conference! The DMC Conundrum with Padraic and Patrick was very thorough information on expectations internally and externally of a DMC.
Ready to learn more? Click here to sign up for all four videos.
New DMC Staff Members
Presented by Nicole Marsh, CMP, DMCP and Kevin Brewer, DMCP
Have new staff that don't know much about Destination Management? This webinar series or workshop is tailor made to help them!
This DMC Institute is designed to cover the fundamentals of Destination Management delivered in an interactive format by industry veterans. We’ll discuss the evolution of DMCs from ground operators to the value added service providers of today. We’ll review the advancement and standardization of the industry through the efforts of ADMEI for both companies and individuals. We’ll also analyze the overall business processes of DMCs including sales and marketing, proposal development, due diligence and onsite execution. Additional topics include pricing strategies, risk management, vendor relations and client communication.
At the end of the series, you will:
- Have the tools to analyze existing processes and apply the keys discussed to adapt to the current business climate;
- Have a deeper understanding of the DMC industry as a whole and the resources available to differentiate your company with clients;
- Walk away with recommendations and specific action items from our expert speakers and your peers that can be implemented immediately;
- Have had the opportunity to interact and share success stories while further developing industry best practices.
This webinar series is now FREE to ADMEI members.
Just log-in to the Members Only page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on See All Videos >> at the bottom of the page.